Just a quick post on how to create a sealed management pack when building a management pack using Visual Studio Authoring Extensions.
I am currently studying on how to create management pack’s using Visual Studio Authoring Extensions. When creating a sealed management pack I use the following default settings:
- Start Visual Studio 2015
- In the Visual Studio 2015 tool click “File”. “New”, “Project”
- In the New project screen, expand “Templates”, “Management Pack”, “Operations Manager”. From the New Project screen, select “Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Pack” and give the Management Pack a logical Name and click “OK”
- In Visual Studio in the “Solution Explorer” right click the “ms.opsmgr.management.pack” and click “Properties”
- On the properties page click “Build” en select “Generate a sealed and signed Management Pack” and change the “Company Name”
- From the Start menu Start the “Developer Command Prompt for VS2015”
- On the Developers command prompt enter the following command: “sn –k “C:\Users\Roel\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\ms.opsmgr.management.pack\msopsmgr.snk”” and press “Enter”
- Switch back to Visual Studio
- In Visual Studio on the build page, click “Browse”. Browse to the location where you have save your key pair and click “Open” The result should look something like this:
Now every time when we do a build off the Management pack the management pack will be sealed whit the generated key pair.