An object of class MonitoringAlert with ID was not found

Standard

In my test environment I was runnning into the following event when opening an active alert:

OperationsManagerError

When you access the System Center Operations Manager Console, the alerts are cached  in your profile in a file called momcache.mdb.

The System Center Operations Manager user console creates a cache file in %localappdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console. To resolve the above error there are 2 options.

  • Use the “clearcache” option:
    1. Right Click on the "System Center Operations Manager" and select “Properties
      Properties System Center Operations Manager Console
    2. On the “Operations Console Properties” page on the “Shortcut” tab in the “Target” section enter “”C:\Program Files\System Center 2012\Operations Manager\Console\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe" /clearcache"
      PropertiesSystemCenterConsole2
  • Delete the “momcache.mdb” from the file location “%localappdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console

3 thoughts on “An object of class MonitoringAlert with ID was not found

  1. Nyukcubed

    I’m not sure how old this post is but I’m experiencing this very problem. Clearing the cache doesn’t work. If I change the scope of it then I don’t get the error. Any other way to figure what is broken or cleaning it up?

    • Hi,

      You could try the following:
      Close the System Center Operations Manager Console
      Open the Registry editor
      Rename the following registry key’s HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console.old
      Start the System Center Operations Manager Console
      Test if you have the same error.

      Greetings
      Roel Knippen

  2. Nyukcubed

    Thanks for the reply but that didn’t work. I ended up tracking the GUID down to the MonitorOverride table in the Ops Manager database. I cross checked the GUID of that and the MonitorOverrideID against all the other Monitor tables and couldn’t find it anywhere else. So I made a backup of the MonitorOverride table and then deleted the record. Works like a champ now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *