On 12-October-2016 Microsoft released the System Center 2016 sweet. With the release of System Center Operations Manager 2016 Microsoft created the “Network Monitoring Management Pack generator tool” which provides you with extended monitoring for your SNMP-enabled devices by generating your own custom Management Pack.
The following features are included:
- SNMP_MpGenerator tool has a inbuilt MIB Browser. Users can load MIB files, search through the Object Identifiers (OIDs) of the component they wish to add workflows for and create rules and monitors
- Users can add monitors and rules for device components such Processors, Memory, Fan, Temperature Sensor, Power Supply, Voltage Sensor and Custom device components
- This tool would also support custom devices in addition to already supported devices like switch, Router, Firewall and Load Balancer
- Users can define monitors and rules for multiple devices in a single project file and generate a single Management Pack for all of their devices.
- As mentioned above, this tool would also include the command line executive NetMonMPGenerator.exe for users who wish to generate MP through command line interface.
The best part of the tool is that it’s free and that it is well documented. You can download the Network Management Pack generator tool form here