In my System Center Operations Manager 2012 SP1 whit the System Center Management Pack for SQL Server and Replication (22.214.171.124) installed and configured in my environment I was running into the following error:
- Check the backup application log for detailed messages.
- Manual backup the database using the SQL Management Studio
1. Check the backup applications log for detailed messages
When opening the “error.log” which is located at “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG” I was seeing the error: “Error: 3041, Severity: 16, State: 1”
When seeing this error I took the time to use “SQL Management Studio” to backup the database. More information on this error can be found here
2. Manual backup the database using the SQL Management Studio
- Start the “SQL Server Management Studio”
- In the “Connect to Server” screen enter the needed information to logon to the SQL Server
- In the “Object Explorer” expand “databases”, and right click the database that you want to backup. Click “Tasks” and click “Back-Up”
- In the “Back Up Database – Database Name” screen in click “OK” (If you want to change the location where you want to store the backup. Change the settings in the destination section)
I used the following Knowledgebase article to solve the issue: Error message when you perform a full backup of a database in SQL Server 2005: "Backup failed for Server ‘Computer Name\SQLInstanceName’ " or "The backup of the file or file group ‘sysft_FullTextCatalog’ is not permitted because it is not online"
When finished running the steps from the above article my problem was solved and the System Center Operation Manager critical alert can be closed.